Pepperoni Pizza Sloppy Joes
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
All of the flavours of a pepperoni pizza with green peppers and olives in sloppy joe form, that’s quick and easy to make!
- 1 pound ground beef (or Italian sausage with casings removed)
- 4 ounces of pepperoni, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced olives, drained (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 buns (gluten-free for gluten-free)
- Cook the ground geef, pepperoni, onion, and bell pepper in a large skillet/pan over medium-high heat, breaking the meat apart as it cooks, before draining off any excess grease.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the pizza sauce, olives, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, mix in the mozzarella and let it melt.
- Divide the filling between the buns and enjoy!
Option: Add 1 tablespoon sriracha!
Option: Instead of the pepperoni, green pepper and black olives, use your favourite pizza toppings!